Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bars
|The box of goodies|
I received a box of ingredients and a recipe for Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bars. As a cyclist, these looked ideal to wrap up and take out on rides or as a post workout snack.
The first time I made them I realised the recipe needed a little tweak. I've made them twice now and have mastered how to get them just right. They are delicious and the whole family love them. Why not give them a go yourself?
150g plain flour
150g porridge oats
|Measuring out the ingredients|
¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
75g salted butter, melted
75ml sunflower oil
75ml apple juice
For the Filling:
150g TOTAL 0% Greek Yoghurt
100g dried mixed berries
50g caster sugar
30g plain flour
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
|Ready to go in the oven|
1. Preheat oven to 325F/160C/Gas Mark 3.
2. Line baking tray (approx. 26x19cm) with greaseproof paper (or use a non stick tray).
3. Mix together the flour, oats, sugar, bicarbonate soda, and cinnamon.
4. Mix the butter, oil and apple juice together and fold in the flour and oat mix to form a moist and crumbly mix.
5. Press three quarters of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared tray and place the remaining mixture to one side.
6. In a separate bowl mix together the berries, Greek yoghurt, sugar, flour and egg white.
|The finished product|
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until edges are golden.